2013 Garnett Nabrit Lecture Series Present: Can God Heal HIV: The Twitter Campaign
What is Garnett Nabrit Lecture Series?
- The 2013 Garnett Nabrit Lecture Series is designed for the kingdom conscious ministers who desire in excelling and delivering practical healing to their church and community.
- This year’s theme, is there no Balm in Gilead, speaks to those who are engaged in the, daily, theological work of reassuring the masses of the healing possibilities of God.
- Specifically, it is a lecture series designed to highlight how oppressive social systems like racism have deeply wounded the people of God. The Holy Hill, for three days, will be transformed into a modern day Gilead where testimonies, teaching, and hands-on workshops will be facilitated by experienced healers, physicians, and pastors who seek to create a sustainable dialogue and movement around addressing social issues (e.g. HIV) and congregational issues (e.g. Working together to end social issues).
What is the Twitter Campaign, “Can God Heal HIV?”
- Can God Heal HIV: The Twitter Campaign seeks to understand and document how ministers and parishioners understand the power of God to heal HIV.
- We want your honest opinion via Twitter (https://twitter.com/CanGodHeal_Hiv) on if you think God can heal HIV or if you think God cannot Heal HIV or if you think the issue of healing is more complex.
- We understand if your comments may not be deemed politically correct, but the only way to begin addressing how to deal with the issue in our churches is to know how you as a person of faith feel about the power of God to heal it.
- Can God Heal HIV: The Twitter Campaign is a part of the 2013 Garnett Nabrit Lecture Series’ “Is there a Balm in Gilead.” The twitter campaign will end with a larges social media display at the 2013 Garnett Nabrit Lecture Series where Rev. Marvin McMickle of MICTAN (http://metropolitanfrc.com/)and others will lead workshops—Diseased but not Destroyed: An African American Response to the HIV/AIDS Pandemic and An Embedded Church: The church as a Community Hospital—that address the healing power of God.
- The Twitter Campaign will begin on Monday, February 25, 2013 and end March 18, 2013.
- Our twitter address is: https://twitter.com/CanGodHeal_Hiv
- Our Hash Tag is #cangodhealhiv